Monday, June 2, 2008

Inspiration Overload


Anyone else have a pile like this somewhere?
I will admit to being a magazine junkie. I suppose you can learn alot about a person by their stack of magazines. Mine? Scrapbook Trends magazine, Good Housekeeping, Parenting, Pottery Barn Kids, Simple Scrapbooks, Creating Keepsakes.... on and on.

I go through each page not only for the stories, but in the hopes of finding inspiration. A fun color combination, a cool design, a new way to use type. When I see something that jumps out at me, I rip the page out to save for later.

Unfortunately, sometimes the pile overwhelms me and those ripped-out pages end up stuck in the heap, never to be used. I really need a better way. Not fewer magazines (perish the thought!), but a better way to organize. Tonight, I will clean up this pile and USE at least one of those pieces of inspiration for a project. Check back to see what I came up with (please, I need accountability - ha).

8 comments:

teresamatz said...

those are some great Magazines, can't wait to see what you make

Denise said...

I can relate. My pile of magazines include: Creating Keepsakes, Simple Scrapbooks, Garden Gate, Cooking Light, Pottery Barn and Crate and Barrel. Whew...nothing embarrassing. Well, nothing currently. LOL!

Jscraps4u said...

LMAO!!!!! Yes...but mine is not as orderly as that! Magazines are the bomb and I just can't get enough of them either! LOL!!

Shawna said...

i got rid of mine awhile back so i am down to a few recent ones but ive been there!

Marnie said...

Hmmm are we supposed to have only 1 pile like that? HA Yours seems very organized!

Allison Cope said...

I too have a very similar pile!! Glad to know I'm not the only magazine hoarder!!!

Tonya said...

I do the same thing. I try to use at least one during my scrap time. Then I throw it away (the magazine page). Seems to work okay. Good luck with your stack.

Jayme Downs said...

Hmmm, I think I'm going to look through mags for inspirations, and not just peoples cards or layouts, but the adds and all. :)